Hi Simon! I’m building a Linux-based music setup around my original Midronome and would love to configure it from Linux.
Would you consider publishing documentation for its configuration protocol—whether that uses MIDI SysEx, USB commands, or another mechanism? I’m particularly interested in reading current settings and changing timing offsets and other configuration values.
My aim would be to build an open-source Linux utility for terminal use and scripting. Protocol documentation, a few example messages, and any firmware-version differences would be a great starting point.
I understand this may be separate from implementing U-SYNC itself. Is there an existing supported interface for configuration, or could one be documented?
Linux Setup
-
simntonic
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 27 Jan 2026, 10:01
Re: Linux Setup
Hi
Thanks for reaching out.
I believe you will find what you want in the MIDI Commands section of the manual? See https://manuals.simntonic.com/nome-ii/c ... i-commands
See also the Nome CC editor by San on https://simntonic.com/pages/community
Simon
Thanks for reaching out.
I believe you will find what you want in the MIDI Commands section of the manual? See https://manuals.simntonic.com/nome-ii/c ... i-commands
See also the Nome CC editor by San on https://simntonic.com/pages/community
Simon
Sim'n Tonic Support
-
cKammerer
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 18 Sep 2026, 04:58
Re: Linux Setup
Thank you and have a wonderful day!