Page 1 of 1

[PLANNED FOR NEXT FW] Changing the count-in to 2 bars

Posted: 20 Jul 2026, 09:42
by Simon
As suggested by Jonas over email, we plan on changing the default duration of the count-in (rES setting set to Cnt) to 2-bar, as it makes more sense with the typical count-in time from DAWs or other machines.

Based on the response to this topic, this is planned for the next firmware release.

Simon

Re: [PLANNED FOR NEXT FW] Changing the count-in to 2 bars

Posted: 20 Jul 2026, 15:44
by RadekPilich
Excellent, I was suggesting that as well 🙂
Point no 4. here:
viewtopic.php?p=3369#p3369

Re: [PLANNED FOR NEXT FW] Changing the count-in to 2 bars

Posted: 21 Jul 2026, 12:16
by Simon
I remember Radek - we usually wait to see the same suggestion coming multiple times before adding it to the pipeline.
Others have also been mentioning this :)

Re: [PLANNED FOR NEXT FW] Changing the count-in to 2 bars

Posted: 10 Aug 2026, 23:44
by RadekPilich
A couple of notes after detailed pre-thinking:
- count-in of 2 bars is appropriate for the rES > Cnt trigger, however the press and hold PLAY re-sync should remain on immediate next bar
- I would like to see the countdown - in this case 8, 7, 6... when the rES > Cnt is triggered rather than seeing the letters rES
- we are missing Mut > Cnt function - meaning the metronome would be ON / UNMUTED during the pre-count and OFF / MUTED once the playback starts
- I would suggest TAP held + PLAY pressed when transports are stopped should start the transport immediately. So we can use pre-count as default for recording / playing and also have an immediate start / stop on hand when editing.

...and going slightly off-topic:
- I would like to have the tap tempo also require 2 bars of taps... and use the doubled length for more precise detection of the tempo - but that would actually be just a half broken bridge towards the tap tempo rate / division, which is what I actually want for precise tap tempo entry - as described in the last paragraph here - viewtopic.php?p=3344#p3344 (I have tested with other device (acidbox III) that this is much much more precise when manually tap tempo matching to an stable external tempo.)