[PLANNED FOR NEXT FW] Changing the count-in to 2 bars

Features that have a good chance of being implemented in the future, and Firmware updates.
Topics ar marked as: [A]=Approved, [WIP]=Work in Progress, [F]=Finished
Post Reply
Simon
Posts: 1424
Joined: 09 Jan 2022, 22:08

[PLANNED FOR NEXT FW] Changing the count-in to 2 bars

Post by Simon »

As suggested by Jonas over email, we plan on changing the default duration of the count-in (rES setting set to Cnt) to 2-bar, as it makes more sense with the typical count-in time from DAWs or other machines.

Based on the response to this topic, this is planned for the next firmware release.

Simon
RadekPilich
Posts: 34
Joined: 02 Jan 2026, 23:00

Re: [PLANNED FOR NEXT FW] Changing the count-in to 2 bars

Post by RadekPilich »

Excellent, I was suggesting that as well 🙂
Point no 4. here:
viewtopic.php?p=3369#p3369
Simon
Posts: 1424
Joined: 09 Jan 2022, 22:08

Re: [PLANNED FOR NEXT FW] Changing the count-in to 2 bars

Post by Simon »

I remember Radek - we usually wait to see the same suggestion coming multiple times before adding it to the pipeline.
Others have also been mentioning this :)
RadekPilich
Posts: 34
Joined: 02 Jan 2026, 23:00

Re: [PLANNED FOR NEXT FW] Changing the count-in to 2 bars

Post by RadekPilich »

A couple of notes after detailed pre-thinking:
- count-in of 2 bars is appropriate for the rES > Cnt trigger, however the press and hold PLAY re-sync should remain on immediate next bar
- I would like to see the countdown - in this case 8, 7, 6... when the rES > Cnt is triggered rather than seeing the letters rES
- we are missing Mut > Cnt function - meaning the metronome would be ON / UNMUTED during the pre-count and OFF / MUTED once the playback starts
- I would suggest TAP held + PLAY pressed when transports are stopped should start the transport immediately. So we can use pre-count as default for recording / playing and also have an immediate start / stop on hand when editing.

...and going slightly off-topic:
- I would like to have the tap tempo also require 2 bars of taps... and use the doubled length for more precise detection of the tempo - but that would actually be just a half broken bridge towards the tap tempo rate / division, which is what I actually want for precise tap tempo entry - as described in the last paragraph here - viewtopic.php?p=3344#p3344 (I have tested with other device (acidbox III) that this is much much more precise when manually tap tempo matching to an stable external tempo.)
Post Reply