[ALREADY IMPLEMENTED] Option to always send clock, even when stopped

Discuss or suggest new features here.
Please do not report bugs here, use the "Bug Reports" forum instead.
MPrinsen

[ALREADY IMPLEMENTED] Option to always send clock, even when stopped

Post by MPrinsen »

In some cases, it would be nice to make Midronome keep sending midi clock after a Stop signal.

This can prevent other gear to switch to their internal BPM, which can cause artefacts in synced delay effects etc. Also some gear sync better to an external clock if the BPM matches already at the Start message.

My Squarp Hapax does it as well and it can be a live saver in certain (admitted very specific) situations. Seems like an easy feature to implement (although I can be very wrong).
Simon

Re: Option to always send clock, even when stopped

Post by Simon »

Well the Midronome does that already - clock is always running :D
In fact it is precisely why we have this topic: viewtopic.php?t=340

Maybe you did not realize it because of this bug?

Simon
MPrinsen

Re: [ALREADY IMPLEMENTED] Option to always send clock, even when stopped

Post by MPrinsen »

Ah well, I’m only using the 24P (2.4.P. Previously) mode and it seems that it stops sending clock when it stops receiving a pulse from my DAW.

So to be more accurate: my feature request is only about the 24P mode then. (I’m correct that it doesn’t do that already in that mode, right?)

Or is there a way to do that already? Or am I maybe just misinterpreting the behavior of my gear?

The bug I reported wouldn’t be an issue of Midronome keeps sending the correct clock after it receives a stop message, right? ;)
Simon

Re: [ALREADY IMPLEMENTED] Option to always send clock, even when stopped

Post by Simon »

MPrinsen wrote: 14 Jun 2024, 23:53 (I’m correct that it doesn’t do that already in that mode, right?)

Or is there a way to do that already? Or am I maybe just misinterpreting the behavior of my gear?

The bug I reported wouldn’t be an issue of Midronome keeps sending the correct clock after it receives a stop message, right? ;)
No 24P (unlike the old "2.4.P.") is meant to send the clock constantly. I have not yet investigated that bug, but yes that could well be another side-effect, that the clock stops running. If that's the case, it's definitely not by design ;)
Another possibility is you are misinterpreting as you said - to check if a clock is set you can simply change the settings of your synth to "internal clock", then chagne its tempo, then change the settings back to "sync to MIDI clock" and see if the tempo matches the Midronome's automatically.

Simon