can anybody help me with bidirectional control using Nome II and logic pro x 12.2

Any questions about the Midronome (Nome I) or Nome II
Post Reply
mymark
Posts: 1
Joined: 24 Jun 2026, 06:09

can anybody help me with bidirectional control using Nome II and logic pro x 12.2

Post by mymark »

Just got my unit and its very interesting. Have been having lots of logic issues with a TR 1000 and just basic timing. I have found that using Usync, I get various results, dependant on tempo in logic and on tr 1000 pattern or project. Would be great to get logic to lock to an external clock and so take away the jitter etc.. I also have a Korg SQ-64 sequencer that is tight timing wise and and when using that with tr 1000 and no logic etc its all good.

Am using an apogee symphony MKII on thunderbolt and latency is not an issue with that.

Any help would be very much appreciated...
simntonic
Posts: 104
Joined: 27 Jan 2026, 10:01

Re: can anybody help me with bidirectional control using Nome II and logic pro x 12.2

Post by simntonic »

Hi Mark

Please reach out to support over email if you need the instructions for bi-directional U-SYNC in Logic.
Please note that this will not "get logic to lock to an external clock", Logic is still the clock master and the Nome follows via U-SYNC.
mymark wrote: ↑24 Jun 2026, 15:07I have found that using Usync, I get various results, dependant on tempo in logic and on tr 1000 pattern or project.
U-SYNC should give very precise results, and whatever latency you get should definitely *not* depend on the tempo, unless it comes from the device (the TR-1000) itself, but even then this is very unheard of.
Make sure you follow step by step the U-SYNC Quick Start PDF to have your setup as it should ;)

Simon
Sim'n Tonic Support
Zikayan
Posts: 1
Joined: 12 Sep 2026, 10:14

Re: can anybody help me with bidirectional control using Nome II and logic pro x 12.2

Post by Zikayan »

Hi there,
I'm a new and very happy user of the Nome II.

I've successfully setup the bi-directionnal control between Nome and logic pro 12, including the tempo recording via the Nome Knob.
Here is a capture of my controller assign setup : sorry it is in French, I have a bunch of other infos concerning a Kontrol MK3 (in the "Commande" tab, only the last line "Knob" is about Nome), and I just configured the tempo change, not the play/stop or signature change I don't need for now.

By the way, to enable the tempo record, do not forget to allow it :

Go to File > Project Settings > Recording.
Check the box for Allow tempo change recording

best,
Zika
Attachments
Capture d’écran 2026-09-14 à 10.51.45.png
Post Reply