Hi all,
I couldn’t quite find the answer I was looking for among other threads here, and the advice in the manuals of Nome II and U-Sync seems to contradict.
Firstly, I have the Nome II going into my MacMini via USB. With U-Sync going, it works flawlessly by clicking play in Ableton. I have Ableton set to send clock out to my other devices, including an MPC Live III, Digitakt II, Digitone II, and the OXI One mk2. Everything immediately jumps into sync with Ableton, which I couldn’t quite get to happen without Nome. Thank you!
Also, changing the tempo on the Nome II does indeed change the tempo in Ableton, and again, sends the updated tempo to all those other devices.
However, pushing play on the Nome II doesn’t start Ableton. I saw another thread here where it was suggested that I tick the “sync” box in Ableton next to the Nome II clock, but the U-Sync manual says not to do this. In fact, when I do this, it does start Ableton if I have the EXT button engaged in Ableton, but the tempo jumps all over the place, often increasing by one BPM every few bars as it goes on.
Am I doing something wrong? First of all, using U-Sync, do I need to actually need to have the Sync box ticked in the settings? Is there some other setting I should fix? It’s not the biggest deal, because getting all the gear in sync from Ableton was my goal, but it would be nice if I could push play on the Nome II as well and have it work the same. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Newb question re bidirectional control
-
simntonic
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 27 Jan 2026, 10:01
Re: Newb question re bidirectional control
Hi
So no - do not use "sync" check box and the "EXT" in Ableton as they will conflict with U-SYNC. All of these should be off.
Regarding Ableton not starting when pressing on Nome, I believe you are missing the "autoplay" setting on the Nome. Try setting "A.PL" to "bot" on the Nome, as written in section 1.6 of the U-SYNC Quick Start Guide
Simon
This is probably an old thread. Trust the manual3Rivers1Love wrote: ↑16 Jun 2026, 01:23 I saw another thread here where it was suggested that I tick the “sync” box in Ableton next to the Nome II clock, but the U-Sync manual says not to do this.
So no - do not use "sync" check box and the "EXT" in Ableton as they will conflict with U-SYNC. All of these should be off.
Regarding Ableton not starting when pressing on Nome, I believe you are missing the "autoplay" setting on the Nome. Try setting "A.PL" to "bot" on the Nome, as written in section 1.6 of the U-SYNC Quick Start Guide
Simon
Sim'n Tonic Support
-
3Rivers1Love
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 16 Jun 2026, 01:13
Re: Newb question re bidirectional control
Thank you Simon!
That was it exactly. All is perfect now.
That was it exactly. All is perfect now.