Differences Nome II vs Midronome?

Any questions about the Midronome
HappyClocker

Differences Nome II vs Midronome?

Post by HappyClocker »

Hi Simon,

congrats to the new brand and new? product.

Will there be functional differences between the Midronome and the Nome II?
Simon

Re: Differences Nome II vs Midronome?

Post by Simon »

Hi, and thank you :)

About the differences, not really. The only things are:
  1. The Nome II can do more with lights since each button has a multicolor LED underneath.
  2. The add-on module interface has changed - the idea is to release add-ons that will only work with the new interface, and to provide an adapter (it will basically be changing the bottom metal plate) for Nome I users. I am not sure yet if the adapter will be free or not.
  3. As I mentioned there has been a few internal improvements on the hardware, the biggest one is solving this issue: viewtopic.php?t=199
Simon
HappyClocker

Post by HappyClocker »

:idea: I see! THX for these clarifications!
mattbassg

Post by mattbassg »

>The add-on module interface has changed - the idea is to release add-ons that will only work with the new interface, and to provide an adapter (it will basically be changing the bottom metal plate) for Nome I users. I am not sure yet if the adapter will be free or not.

I'd be happy to pay a reasonable fee for the adapter plate but my personal preference would be for it to retain the 'Nome 1' red colour rather than adopt the Nome 2 yellow...

I have nothing against the new colour range - I would just prefer my 'Nome 1' to keep it's original design identity...
Simon

Post by Simon »

Very good point :D
I agree - those adapters will keep the same red color - it would not match with the rest of the device anyways ;)