Midronome does not forward program change

Any questions about the Midronome
Karl Regen

Midronome does not forward program change

Post by Karl Regen »

hello, my Midronome does not forward program change commands to connected hardware, what could be the reason?
MIDI-CC are forwarded without any problems. any advice is very welcome
Simon

Re: Midronome does not forward program change

Post by Simon »

Hi :)

Have you checked this topic? viewtopic.php?t=406

I already verified that the PC are sent correctly by the device. In the case above the problem was that they were never received, or they were received on the wrong USB-MIDI interface. And yes, same as you, the CC messages were sent fine but for some strange reason the software/OS would act differently for PC messages.

What is your setup and how are you sending the PC messages?

Simon
Karl Regen

Post by Karl Regen »

Hi Simon,
Thanks for your reply. I had already read the linked article.
I am working with Bitwig 5.2.4. on a PC. The program change is sent from the program change plugin of the software to the MIDI-Out2 of the Midronome and forwarded to an Emagic AMT8, from there it goes to the hardware devices.
I have installed Show-MIDI VST, which shows me that PC commands are being sent correctly.
The AMT8 is not the problem, as I previously had a USAMO and the whole thing worked with it
Karl Regen

Post by Karl Regen »

It looks like the source of the error is not the Midronome but Bitwig.
I have now sent the program change via a different MIDI interface and it doesn't work with that either.
Milosdrummer

Post by Milosdrummer »

From my testings, the Midronome is forwarding program change messages normally. Using a Windows PC, Pocket MIDI app sends pc message to Midronome and successfully changes patches on my SPDSX. Note that those instructions are sensitive to the virtual port of the Midronome, so when selecting the MIDI device choose Midronome and for the port select the one labeled 'Midronome MIDI out 2' if you use that physical port to connect your device.
Karl Regen

Post by Karl Regen »

Thank you Milosdrummer,
I opened Bitwig again earlier and suddenly the program changes work. I don't know why, I haven't changed anything.