U-SYNC for Windows

Discuss or suggest new features here.
Please do not report bugs here, use the "Bug Reports" forum instead.
Simon

U-SYNC for Windows

Post by Simon »

Hi :)

U-SYNC 1.0 only works for Mac, and for now the Windows version is indefinitely postponed.

Would you really like U-SYNC to work on Windows? If so please comment below with:
  • Your Windows version
  • Your Audio interface (or the main one(s), if you are using many)
  • If you know, what audio driver you are using
And if you just want to make your voice heard, you can ignore all of these and simply reply "+1" :D

Thank you!
Simon
HappyClocker

Re: U-SYNC for Windows

Post by HappyClocker »

Yes I think U-Sync for Windows 10 and 11 is important as well!

I use the ASIO driver for a Focusrite Clarett+ 8pre interface.

Why Windows? Because I had it always around me for different non music related usecases and an additional Macbook or Mac Pro only for music production IMO cannot be justified when considering its costs and the efforts to admin two different OS.
MPrinsen

Post by MPrinsen »

Personally, I'm fine using the 24P mode. Mainly because I don't like changing the latency compensation within the plugin manually every time I add a plugin in my DAW that increase the maximum latency of the project. If something can be done to make Midronome do that automatically, that would be really awesome and then I am very interested in U-Sync under Windows. In the meantime, I'm a very happy Midronomer using 24P.
Simon

Post by Simon »

MPrinsen wrote: 30 May 2024, 13:41If something can be done to make Midronome do that automatically
It's not gone completely but has been improved, replacing the value with a simple checkbox (which works with latencies up to 250ms).
Attachments
USYNC.png
Dave

Post by Dave »

Sadness.

I'm so rarely jealous of people using Macs, but this is one of those times. I've been using Windows since v 3.1. And, while I use a Mac everyday for work, I'm not switching my music computer away from Windows.

Win11 Pro latest
RME Digiface USB
RME MADIface USB drivers
Renardub

Post by Renardub »

Hi guys i'm on Pc like most people here :) i guess it would be nice if this happens would love to try it on and would be easiers

I'm on W10 with Cymatic 24I/O and using Asio
Pak Sota

Post by Pak Sota »

Hi Simon aka Dr. Midronome

We need U-Sync compatibility on Windows please. ;) :P

Greetings
emanuelsj

Post by emanuelsj »

Of course it's very important, Simon! In fact when I saw your email a few seconds back I thought the Windows version of the plugin has come as well, so I opened the email with so much hope! :D

Yes, make the Windows version plugin available too, since my Nome is starting to get dust. My workflow always involves my PC workstation, so the plugin will be a game changer.

So please delay that three months vacation to Ibiza you were planning and release the Windows version as well! :D

Thank you in advance!
spdk

Post by spdk »

Hi,

I've pre-ordered the Midronome from the first batch. I own a SSL2 audio interface, so I bought it knowing I couldn't use the audio outputs for syncing, because I only have 2 outputs on my interface, which i use for my monitors. But I'm a patient man, so I've kept the Midronome in it's box waiting for better times :)

Hence I was really excited when I read about U-Sync and figured that my patience finally paid off. Turns out that isn't the case, because I own a Windows machine.

Getting U-Sync available for Windows would be super awesome, that way I can use the sample accurate timing without spending money on a interface with extra outputs, which I don't need for audio.

I really hope you wil make it happen, I'm sure there are a lot of people with Windows machines, that have an audio interface with only 2 outputs (no aggregated device is possible on Windows), that would choose to buy the Midronome only because U-Sync is available.

Thanks for your time and effort!

Audio Interface: Solid State Logic SSL2
Driver: SSL USB ASIO/WDM Driver
Dark Waves

Post by Dark Waves »

Hi Simon,

Windows 10 user here. I have a Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 mk3, not sure about the driver at the moment, and using mainly Studio One Pro v6.x. Add me as a +1, no demands (it's a great tool already) just a preference!

Cheers, Jack
Ral9005

Post by Ral9005 »

Of course there is a strong need for windows. I don't know how many percent of the musicians use Mac or Windows but I know for sure that almost all of my mates who make music use a Windows System.
alfonsosan

Post by alfonsosan »

Hi, very disappointing.
A Windows version is needed.

Your Windows version

Win11 latest version

Your Audio interface (or the main one(s), if you are using many)

RME Babyface Pro FS (on the road)
Presonus Quantum (in studio)

If you know, what audio driver you are using

ASIO in both cases
MLaf

Post by MLaf »

Well f*%#. If I’m going to shell out for a new Mac just to get this I might as well get an ERM instead. Disappointed.

Windows 10
Focusrite Saffire Pro 14 and 26

If I’m being honest and U-Sync was available upon release of the product when I backed it and it was Mac only, I wouldn’t have gone through with it. Yes other modes work but the best one being Mac only is a deal breaker.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Thank you all for the replies, here and on Facebook. Even if I do not reply to everyone personally, make sure I read every single one of your comments - your voice is heard loud and clear :D

I understand how it's frustrating to hear "oh here's an amazing new feature but you cannot use it", but we could have said absolutely nothing, and you would not feel this way. I mean in your case nothing has changed, your Midronome still works, and still syncs to your DAW using the old plugin and the 24P mode ;)

But we'll see what we can do. It sounds like most people are using ASIO drivers, which is great and could definitely be a requirement for U-SYNC to work on Windows.

Simon

@spdk: sorry to hear about that, and I'm amazed by your patience I have to say! Let's hope we can manage to get U-SYNC on Windows so that you can finally use that little box :D But just so you know there is more to it than syncing to DAWs! So you might want to take it out of its box and see what it could do for your setup anyways ;)

@MLaf: I appreciate the comment and your long-time investment in the Midronome community, you've had quite a ride with the Midronome already ;) As for the ERM well it definitely does not have U-SYNC, neither for Mac nor Windows :P
worm.ouroboros

Post by worm.ouroboros »

Another vote for Windows
Your Windows version: 10 and 11 (mostly 11)
Your Audio interface: RME Fireface UCX II (sometimes use AXE I/O from IK Multimedia)
If you know, what audio driver you are using: RME ASIO
Pluppo

Post by Pluppo »

Windows 11 Pro 23H2
MOTU Ultralite AVB (ASIO)

Please add Windows support.
spacialrob

Post by spacialrob »

Yes, please make it compatible for Windows!

Interface: Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 3rd Gen
Driver: Focusrite ASIO

It would be so great to have tight sync for DAWs on Windows. This is especially useful for those of us with hybrid setups where looping is involved. Ensuring software and hardware timing are precise and together is an amazing advancement of digital audio technology, and Midronome is first to set the standard for making that possible for many musicians with that kind of setup. I was excited when this was announced, so definitely want to lend support for its completion.
h31k0

Post by h31k0 »

Would really love to see a Windows version, Simon & team <3
Windows 10 here.
Audio Interface: RME Fireface UFX+
Siro Dj

Post by Siro Dj »

Hello and good afternoon, friends!!!

I am interested in the Windows environment, because it is the system that I use, due to its Flexibility, Compatibility and having more options for Production, in addition to the recommendation of other colleagues who have been producing for many years.

I am using Windows 10 2H22 and Windows 11 in the most current version, I think it is 2H23.

As Audio Controllers I am using both the Internal Motherboard, a REALTEK High Definition Audio (SST), and Asio and the Firmware and Software of my External Audio Interface, MACKIE Big Knob Studio+.

I imagine that in the end we are going to make you sweat to release the version for Windows, because I think it is economically viable, since there are a majority of Windows operating systems, especially among new and/or less known producers.

Greetings and I hope to receive good news in a few months that you are going to make a version for Win...
littlewiggler

Post by littlewiggler »

Windows user here as well - no Macs nor plan on purchasing one.
All of my PC hardware is PCIe based and the overhead of running a external box on a MAC is not an option for me.

Windows 11 and RME MADI FX cards.
gwpt

Post by gwpt »

Please continue work on the Windows version!
Just imagine the satisfaction when you get working ;)
Like many others here, I’m windows only (Win 10 + Cubase/Ableton) and have no plans to go to mac…

Curious what’s the issues are? (I’m a dev too :) )
DryArmadillo

Post by DryArmadillo »

:!: PLEASE don’t give up on developing U~SYNC for Windows. :!:

it definitely seems like something people will continue to request and seems like a larger priority than things like add-on modules or custom clicks sounds.

I know many Windows users that exist in the music production space due to the closed ecosystem behavior of Apple. A lot of folks prefer building high performance machines for a fraction of the price, while still having the ability to fix/upgrade components as needed so their expensive investment does not rapidly become obsolete.

Thanks for creating a place on the forum to hear us out. 8-)
Niclus

Post by Niclus »

All my audio setup is on windows and I feel that a lot of musicians are working that way since PC is cheaper, customizable and way more accessible than the "closed black box" which is Mac.
If U-Sync is finally available and compatible on PC/Mac it would really be a solid and competitive feature to put in front of Midronome's marketing strategy. To be THE ONE that does it all at this price tag would be really agressive.
MPrinsen

Post by MPrinsen »

Simon wrote: 30 May 2024, 13:49
MPrinsen wrote: 30 May 2024, 13:41If something can be done to make Midronome do that automatically
It's not gone completely but has been improved, replacing the value with a simple checkbox (which works with latencies up to 250ms).
Oh that looks like it solves the issue 99% of the times in my use case! In that case, I am very interested in U-Sync for Windows after all.

However, I would prefer to see the features of 4.0 (especially improved tap tempo) first before spending time/resources to get U-Sync to work for Windows.
James

Post by James »

Hello.

Im also a Windows 11 user.

Using a Tascam model12

I really think this new technology should be available also for Windows.

As promised on kickstarter, the midronome is an affordable way to sync machines ands daws. Since its affordable it should be used by everyone. There is way to many windows users to not make it.

🙏
digital lofi

Post by digital lofi »

I'll be honest, I have not synced the Midronome to my Windows DAW yet. I have been using it purely with hardware. But now I am ready to start incorporating my live rig with my DAW - Reaper and Bitwig. So I don't know the old method of doing it let alone needing a new one. But I figure if there is a new plugin than there were probably problems with the last one that this will address. I'm going to say that I would want the most updated plugin for proper syncing.

Windows 10
Lynx L22 (ASIO)

Right now I'm going to go learn how to sync between my DAW and Midronome. I may have stronger feelings about this in about an hour. :D

Also, I think it would be perfectly fine to require ASIO for it to work. Most audio interface work on ASIO on Windows.

Edit Update: Yeah, that absolutely did not work. LOL.

One more update: Got it to work in Reaper with the 24p method. Figured out what I was doing wrong. That should be fine for what I do. Bitwig was of course no problem since I didn't have to use the plug in and just had Bitwig follow the Midronome clock.
Tangled Tales

Post by Tangled Tales »

Please bring it to Windows as well

Your Windows version: 10
Your Audio interface (or the main one(s), if you are using many): Lynx HiLo
If you know, what audio driver you are using: ASIO
Drexy

Post by Drexy »

Really hope you can get the U-Sync working on windows

Windows 11
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 gen 3
Focusrite ASIO
Simon

Post by Simon »

digital lofi wrote: 02 Jun 2024, 23:34I don't know the old method of doing it let alone needing a new one. But I figure if there is a new plugin than there were probably problems with the last one that this will address.
There is technically nothing wrong with the 24P method, it does the job, and it's what people have been doing for the past 10 years or so with the multiclock and a few other devices. But as you may have seen, it's quite cumbersome, requires a dedicated output on your audio interface, requires adjusting the delay in most cases, and it's "only" sample-rate accurate (which is more than enough in 95% of cases).

U-SYNC on the other hand is really easy, no need for other cables, no need for setting up, no need for adjusting the delay: you just load the plugin and the Midronome (and all the clocks coming out of it) is in time with the DAW. And it's crazy accurate :)

Simon
funknstein

Post by funknstein »

Hey, very cool to see this update FW3 with U-Sync. But the fact that there will be maybe no Windows support is a bit of a bummer. We would like to use this on our Main Studio PC with Windows in the future. Love the midronome so far & this innovation would make it perfect for us.

- Windows 11
- Behringer UMC1820
- Asio Driver