Page 1 of 1

Issues with first time use w/ Nome II and Ableton

Posted: 25 Sep 2026, 20:53
by camwilson
Hi

Just got the Nome II and trying to set it up in Ableton.

I've followed the instructions, but the part that isn't making sense is the 'Delay compensation'. With this on, the synth connected to the Nome (MS2000R) is really out of time and too early.

The manual said to leave this on, so I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong?

Adjusting the settings in U-Sync does nothing, nor does changing midi delay in Ableton preferences.

I'm monitoring through the mixer so not using input monitoring in Ableton.

Any help would be much appreciated! Have been waiting a long time to finally use this and I'm stuck at the first hurdle :/


Thanks!

Re: Issues with first time use w/ Nome II and Ableton

Posted: 28 Sep 2026, 12:10
by simntonic
Hi :)

Welcome, and thanks for asking here!

About the Delay Compensation, yes it should be on for the U-SYNC slider to be working.

Now why your synth is way too early could be caused by a few reason:
* First make sure the synth is actually syncing and starting correctly from the Nome (i.e. changing tempo + start/stop)
* Please try with an empty Ableton session, make sure Delay Compensation is on
* Then adjust the slider in the plugin to get it on the grid
* Then try loading it in your session - if this is what creates the large negative delay, try checking the box "I use plugins with large latencies" in the U-SYNC plugin

Overall I would suggest you follow step by step the U-SYNC Quick Start guide.

Let us know how it goes :)
Simon