How to stop Ableton from starting instruments with Nome connected
Posted: 16 Sep 2026, 18:09
Hi,
I'm using Nome II as a master to sync Octatrack en Syntakt via Ableton.
This works really well for recording , except that when I push play on Ableton to listen to recordings, it starts the Octrack and Syntakt also
No boxes are selected in the midi input en output ports, only the control surface setting en input en output
The octatrack is connected to the Nome, and the syntakt via octa midi out with the octa
How can i prevent the machines from starting, when I push play in ableton (link/follow is deselected BTW)
Any help appreciated. Couldnt find this topic in the hoitory of the forum
I'm using Nome II as a master to sync Octatrack en Syntakt via Ableton.
This works really well for recording , except that when I push play on Ableton to listen to recordings, it starts the Octrack and Syntakt also
No boxes are selected in the midi input en output ports, only the control surface setting en input en output
The octatrack is connected to the Nome, and the syntakt via octa midi out with the octa
How can i prevent the machines from starting, when I push play in ableton (link/follow is deselected BTW)
Any help appreciated. Couldnt find this topic in the hoitory of the forum