Page 1 of 1

Nome II + Ableton + MioXL + TR-1000

Posted: 07 Sep 2026, 07:31
by used_distribution
Hi there, I got the Nome II to sync the TR-1000 tightly to Ableton and reduce the jitter & lag I was dealing with. Luckily, with U Sync, this problem was solved, but unfortunately, it brought up a whole new issue due to the number of samples the plugin uses. When I send MIDI from Ableton to synths running MIDI through my MioXL, they now come in way too early. So now my TR-1000 is perfect, and everything else is off.

I'm running my Ableton session at 32 samples. I tried changing my buffer size & error compensation to get U Sync & my MioXL to play nice, but nothing was working.

What finally got everything playing nicely was removing U Sync altogether and using the analog clock-out from my Arturia Audiofuse 16 rig straight into my Nome II. Now I did have to use Ableton MIDI delay to make this work, and it's not always 100% accurate, but it's getting the job done. I think the jitter situation has improved from before, so that's good.

I feel like there has to be a better way to do this with Ableton as the master clock, using the Nome II just to tighten up my TR-1000 while letting the MioXL handle MIDI for my other synths without introducing further latency. Any tips?

Re: Nome II + Ableton + MioXL + TR-1000

Posted: 07 Sep 2026, 12:43
by simntonic
Hi :)

That's an interesting setup, and very glad you were able to sort out your issues with the TR-1000, first with U-SYNC and then with that workaround you found.

Basically it's simple: the TR-1000 needs a very early clock, since it has a huge internal delay. Either you get it from U-SYNC (which uses PDC=Plugin Delay Compensation in Ableton to go "back in time"), or from an analog clock (from your Audiofuse). In both cases the Nome takes the timing and creates the MIDI Clock from it.

The second setup you used it definitely not great because you're using the MIDI Clock from the DAW which has jitter and cannot be very precise. The U-SYNC solution should work, and because of the way PDC works, only the U-SYNC plugin should be "back in time" and not the rest of your session. How are you sending the MIDI from Ableton to your synths? If you send it directly from Ableton to the Mio over USB, no plugin should affect the timing, see what happens when you add or remove a plugin with a large negative delay (for example U-SYNC, but also any other plugin).

If the timing is indeed affected, then you can use a (positive) track delay to compensate or even use the general Ableton MIDI delay (this will not affect U-SYNC which does not use MIDI from the DAW).

Simon

Re: Nome II + Ableton + MioXL + TR-1000

Posted: 07 Sep 2026, 20:44
by used_distribution
Thanks for the thoughtful response, Simon!

I am sending MIDI notes to my synths from USB > MioXL. Unfortunately, the U Sync plugin makes everything going through the MioXL arrive 17MS early. When I remove U Sync, the synths are landing back where they should be on the grid.

I'm not really sure what to do here, as I am noticing jitter on the Audiofuse analog clock, and I can't use U Sync in my session without disrupting anything else. The main reason I used MIDI In/Out on synths with the MioXL is to record automation, notes, and to use editors. I notice that when U Sync is active, Ableton's MIDI delay stops working. I could use the track delay, but then it's more things off the grid.

EDIT: Ok the jitter is only 1-2MS differences... STILL A HUGE improvement from what I had before when I run audio for clock

Re: Nome II + Ableton + MioXL + TR-1000

Posted: 08 Sep 2026, 08:56
by simntonic
used_distribution wrote: ↑07 Sep 2026, 20:44 I'm not really sure what to do here, as I am noticing jitter on the Audiofuse analog clock, and I can't use U Sync in my session without disrupting anything else.
Can you try removing U-SYNC and adding another plugin in Ableton with a large reported latency (hover your mouse over the plugin to see its latency at the bottom left as explained here), see if this has the same effect? If it does, there is definitely something wrong in the setup, as the whole point of PDC is that Ableton will only change the timing of a given track/plugin, not the whole session.

Check also Ableton's page on PDC.

Simon

Re: Nome II + Ableton + MioXL + TR-1000

Posted: 08 Sep 2026, 19:56
by used_distribution
Hey Simon,

I removed U Sync and tried different plugins, but I am still experiencing the same issue. I have delay compensation checked, keep latency on every track turned off, my driver error compensation set to 0, and my session set to a 32 buffer size. I turn reduced latency on and off while monitoring, and it doesn't do anything.

When I adjust my driver error compensation with U Sync in the session, everything starts playing nicely. Does this sound right, or is there something else I should be checking?

Re: Nome II + Ableton + MioXL + TR-1000

Posted: 12 Sep 2026, 04:43
by used_distribution
Hey Simon, just checking back in about error compensation? thanks!

Re: Nome II + Ableton + MioXL + TR-1000

Posted: 12 Sep 2026, 20:29
by simntonic
used_distribution wrote: ↑08 Sep 2026, 19:56 I removed U Sync and tried different plugins, but I am still experiencing the same issue.
Hi - I am not sure I undertand. The idea was to
1. remove the U-SYNC plugin
2. add another plugin with a high latency
3. see if the issue (i.e. notes are sent early) is still there

Is it? If it is, you should check your Ableton configuration - probably asking in an Ableton-specific community might be a better idea :)

If not, then that would mean U-SYNC is somehow affect the notes sent by your DAW - in this case I would imagine there is more to the story, probably the clock is somehow affecting the notes on your machine.

Re: Nome II + Ableton + MioXL + TR-1000

Posted: 12 Sep 2026, 23:17
by used_distribution
Yes, correct. I tried other plugins, and the same issue persisted, so it wasn't a U Sync-specific issue.

I'll look into Ableton-specific communities for an answer. thanks!