Analog Rytm MK2, and my modular setup ain't lining up with Ableton.
Posted: 08 Aug 2026, 19:51
Hello friends,
After many headaches with sync up issues, I came to the decision to give a try with Nome II.
I'm using the latest version of Ableton 12 with M2 mac, and the latest firmware for U-sync. I've set up reduced latency while monitoring as said on manuals, and on the Tempo n Midi tab I've selected Nome with input dar control and for the output the commands. 1 midi output from Nome goes to my Analog rytm mk2, I've set it up to receive clock from midi, If I record that back to Ableton, usually theres like 5-7ms delay, seems to be different all the times. The other midi output I'm syncing Arturia beatstep pro, and from there Im using gates and duplicating the clock signal to send it out to my modular setup, If I'm recording the modular to Ableton theres like a 15ms delay in there, I've tried to sync one of my modular sequencer directly from Nome's analog output to see if theres a problem with the BSP connection, but neither of them runs on its own by that output. I've also connected the audio output from Nome to my interface to see if that metronome is on point or not, but Ableton havent receive any signal that way.
Any ideas what could the problem be, or what could skipped my attention while setting it up?
Thanks in advance and cheers!
After many headaches with sync up issues, I came to the decision to give a try with Nome II.
I'm using the latest version of Ableton 12 with M2 mac, and the latest firmware for U-sync. I've set up reduced latency while monitoring as said on manuals, and on the Tempo n Midi tab I've selected Nome with input dar control and for the output the commands. 1 midi output from Nome goes to my Analog rytm mk2, I've set it up to receive clock from midi, If I record that back to Ableton, usually theres like 5-7ms delay, seems to be different all the times. The other midi output I'm syncing Arturia beatstep pro, and from there Im using gates and duplicating the clock signal to send it out to my modular setup, If I'm recording the modular to Ableton theres like a 15ms delay in there, I've tried to sync one of my modular sequencer directly from Nome's analog output to see if theres a problem with the BSP connection, but neither of them runs on its own by that output. I've also connected the audio output from Nome to my interface to see if that metronome is on point or not, but Ableton havent receive any signal that way.
Any ideas what could the problem be, or what could skipped my attention while setting it up?
Thanks in advance and cheers!